Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day of First Grade

Evan is a 1st grader!!! Evan was so excited to begin first grade. I had no problems sending him off to kindergarten last year. He was ready and excited and I was a little surprised that I wasn't emotional at all about sending him. This year is different for me. He's gone ALL DAY!!!! I miss hearing him and his brother giggling as they play. I miss him running in to tell me something cute that Addie did. I just miss him being around. Already! And it's only day 2! Evan is a great kid and I am so proud of him!
In other news, Don went to the orthopedic specialist yesterday. He most likely has a herniated disc in his back that is pinching the sciatic nerve. Most worrisome is that he's losing strength in his leg and especially in his foot. The doctor said that 85% of patients with a herniated disc heal on their own over time. So, they gave him a steroid to take to help with the pain. It's a five day thing. If he's not better by then, they will do an MRI and we'll go from there. After only one day of the steroid though, he's already feeling a difference. He didn't wake up once in the night to take more pain meds!!! That is a huge improvement. So, we'll see how things go throughout the week, but we're hopeful that this will help! Thanks for all of your prayers!

No comments: