Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Pictures and an opera

Coloring Easter eggs with Grandma and Grandpa Barfuss. It was so fun to have them visit!
Evan, Kabe, and Addie before church. We were trying to hurry and couldn't get one with all of them happily looking at the camera. Oh, well.

Addie did this all on her own, with no prompting from brothers. She's developing her own little sense of humor!

Such a princess! She loved twirling around in this dress. So beautiful!

I know that this picture is almost identical to the last one, but the last one didn't capture the whole dress and this one had the sweet smile, so you get to see two. :)

Evan has an absolutely amazing teacher who helped his first grade class do an opera. The class did everything from coming up with the story, to writing the lyrics, to developing the music, and finally to practice and perform it. It was quite the undertaking and it was so well done!!! I expected it to be good, but I couldn't believe how great it was! To come up with the music, they took a microphone around to each of the kids and let them sing a selection of lyrics however they felt it should sound. They recorded that, then wrote the music accordingly. It was a very special night and Evan should be proud of himself and his class. I love Mrs. Thomas and I feel like she has done so much to help Evan challenge himself and to try new things and explore things that he might not have done otherwise. Evan is on the far right in the bottom of the picture.

The opera was based around a forest that was destroyed by a tornado. Most of the kids in his class were animals. There were a few, including Evan, that were friends on a picnic. I was very grateful that he picked an easy costume. :) What a cute fisherman! We are so proud of you, Evan!!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, Evan does have an amazing teacher to accomplish all of that!
I love Addie's egg nose. :)

DJCannon said...

I can't believe how tall Evan is! And Addie is just as sweet as can be. We should really get together this summer and let the kids play.