Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mantua Cabin

We have some great friends who invited us to go to their family cabin in Mantua on the weekend of the 24th of July. They call it a cabin, but really it's a fabulous house with pool included. It was so much fun to be with friends and enjoy some time away. It was just a bonus deal that we got to skip the parade. I'm not much of a fan of parades. Here are a couple of pictures from our weekend.

For some reason, the town is pronounced 'Manaway'. How they got that out of Mantua, I'll never know. :) It is a very small, beautiful town. There is a lake there and Don and I were lucky enough to slip away from the kids long enough to ride the tandem bike around the lake. Unfortunately, there isn't much for the police to do in Mantua except watch for law breaking bicyclists like us. We got pulled over for running a stop sign! It's difficult to stop and start on a tandem bike and we could see that there were no cars anywhere in sight, but all excuses aside, we did break the law. Luckily the very grumpy officer let us off with a warning and we continued our bike ride, making sure that we came to a full and complete stop the next time we approached the one and only stop sign in town.



1 comment:

Our Family said...

That is to funny. I love that little town.