I ran my first 10K yesterday at the Centerville Freedom Memorial 10K. It's my second race ever and I had been looking forward to it for a long time. I ran it in 1:03:45, which I'm really proud of considering the amount of steep hills both up and down. Luckily I went and checked out the course before I ran it and was able to prepare somewhat for the uphill running. A few weeks ago I started running from my house to the Bountiful Temple. I thought that I was more than prepared for whatever the race could throw at me. I wasn't quite. I had to walk up a few of the hills yesterday because I was so beat. I was glad the last part of the race was running switchbacks down the mountain. And by the end, I was so tired of people passing me up that I had a burst of energy and sprinted the last 1/8 of a mile to beat a lady that was gaining on me. I was only passed by one person who I would classify as elderly. I hope to run it again next year.Sunday, September 14, 2008
10K = 6.2 Miles Uphill Both Ways
I ran my first 10K yesterday at the Centerville Freedom Memorial 10K. It's my second race ever and I had been looking forward to it for a long time. I ran it in 1:03:45, which I'm really proud of considering the amount of steep hills both up and down. Luckily I went and checked out the course before I ran it and was able to prepare somewhat for the uphill running. A few weeks ago I started running from my house to the Bountiful Temple. I thought that I was more than prepared for whatever the race could throw at me. I wasn't quite. I had to walk up a few of the hills yesterday because I was so beat. I was glad the last part of the race was running switchbacks down the mountain. And by the end, I was so tired of people passing me up that I had a burst of energy and sprinted the last 1/8 of a mile to beat a lady that was gaining on me. I was only passed by one person who I would classify as elderly. I hope to run it again next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Way to go Donno! I like your shirt.
YOU ARE A STUD!!!!!!!
Awesome! I didn't know this about you! I dream of running up to the Temple all the time. I might be able to roll down FROM the Temple right now, but someday....sigh.
Tammy
WAY TO GO!!!
Congratulations Don! That's a huge accomplishment!
Post a Comment