Monday, July 13, 2009
I've been jogging 3 times a week for seven weeks now. I'm getting faster and it's getting a little easier. I feel like I'm getting more in shape. So, how many pounds do you think that I've lost in seven weeks? Come on, guess. The answer: Zip, zero, zilch, nada!!! I'm not expecting Biggest Loser-type results or anything, but come on! Even a pound a week would be good. I don't really enjoy running, but I'm doing it anyway, and it's so frustrating to not see any results! I turn 30 in three weeks and my goal was to lose 10 lbs by then. So, unless I start dropping them like crazy, it's not going to happen. Oh, well. At least I'm getting to a point where I can breathe when I'm done. That's something, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, my goodness...you're such a beautiful woman! It's hard for me to believe you need to lose any weight! But having a baby can make you feel that way, so I can totally relate. This is a nosey question, but in addition to the running, are you changing your diet at all? I don't know what you ate like before you started running (if you're a health nut or a junk-food junkie), but if you're the latter and you haven't changed those habits at all, that's probably what's keeping the scale from budging.
It's always been such a battle for me! I'm trying to do better, too, and feeling frustrated at my NON-results...
Hope, I know that you are right, I think that I just don't want that to be the answer. I love good food, and it's my downfall. I'm almost on an anti-diet right now. I feel like if something looks good, I think to myself, I might as well eat it, because I'm not losing weight anyway. It's so dumb. Also, I use the excuse that I'm nursing, so I can't diet, but I definitely could eat better. Thanks for the tips! We need to get together soon.
Kristi, I too struggle with getting results when exercising. I ran last summer nearly every day ending the summer with a 5k, I lost 0 pounds through the whole process. This summer I decided it was the food not the exercising that was the problem (I too didn't want that to be the reason). I love to bake and cook so it has been really hard for me to change it.
What I have done is I walk every morning for 2 miles. I eat more fiber than I used to, but the biggest change has been night eating. I always used to put Alex down for bed at night and then eat. I always felt like I deserved to eat because I could finally eat without somebody begging off of me. Now when dinner is done, so am I. I don't eat or drink another thing until morning. It is uncomfortable at times and has crimped my style a bit, but it is working.
I have consistently lost one pound a week. I have lost a total of 6 pounds and it is enough to make me feel good and motivate me to keep up with the diet AND exercise. I hope this helps!
I'm probably not supposed to comment on this topic just like I'm not supposed to listen in to these kind of conversations among girlfriends. I have just two observations.
1)Don's the one who should lose some weight. :)
2)I have never exercised consistently unless I actually enjoy the activity. Consequently, I have never kept running or walking for more than a couple weeks. On the other hand, basketball is fun for me.
Post a Comment