Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Black beans and brown rice


Last October I embarked on an adventure to lose 20 lbs. So far, so good. I've lost 14 lbs! Only six more to go! Yay! How did I do it? I speedwalk on the treadmill for about 45 minutes every day, and I eat better. This is my daily diet:

Breakfast: 90 calorie granola bar
Snack: piece of jerky and string cheese
Lunch: black beans, brown rice, corn, canned chicken, and salsa
Snack: rice cake
Dinner: anything, but small portion
Snack: the most unhealthy thing in the house that I can find, in a small portion

Not bad, except that if I have black beans and brown rice one more time, I might turn into a burrito! I've had it! I can't take it anymore! I need some different healthy lunches. Someone suggested taking whatever you would put on a sandwich and putting it on lettuce instead of bread. Well, that person obviously had fourteen hands to catch all of the innards that would fall out. I need some help! I've got to make those six more pounds, but not on this diet. Any suggestions?

No comments: