Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sick kids

This is what I found when I got out of the shower yesterday. This has been the worst flu, bug, virus, or whatever that I think I've ever seen. Saturday morning Evan all of a sudden had a runny nose. By that night his fever was 103 degrees. The next morning he started throwing up. I know that's a detail that nobody wanted to know, but it's part of the story of my so fun week. Most of his symptoms were gone by Monday, except for the part where he was so exhausted that he could hardly get up off the couch for any reason. Then, every 24 hours or so he would throw up again, including once at 3:30 in the morning all over his bed. Combine this with not eating for 5 days, and he was pretty miserable. Finally this morning I am happy to say that Evan is back in the land of the living. He is playing right now! I never knew just how wonderful that would be! I've been really worried about him. I called the doctor's office a couple of times, but she thought he was dehydrated and just told me to take him to the hospital to get him rehydrated. I knew that wasn't what it was because Evan was drinking water like he just couldn't get enough. He got up four times one night to get a drink! Anyway he's doing better today and I'm very happy about that.

Yesterday Kabe woke up with a fever. I was about ready to pull my hair out, thinking that we were starting over again. He was very tired and just laid around and kept crying and saying, "I'm so sick, Mom!" It was cute and he did a very good job at getting my sympathy. I gave him some Ibuprofen and voila! I have my boy back. So, Kabe's bug lasted about 6 hours. Evan's 6 days. But we're good now and plan to have a better weekend this time around.

No comments: