Monday, December 22, 2008

5 weeks and counting

No, that isn't how long until the baby comes, that's how long I've been sick. I was sick for three weeks, good for one, then I've been sick this week again. I know that there are many people with much worse medical problems and that I shouldn't complain, but I'm kind of a whiner I guess because I am really sick of this!!! (No pun intended.) I was sick on Thanksgiving so I really hope I'm better for Christmas. If I am still sick, what is the protocol for holidays? Should I stay home and send my family off to enjoy the day? Or do I go and get everyone sick? Or, I wouldn't do this, but the only other option is to convince my family to stay home and be bored with me. On Thanksgiving, I just went anyway, took a bottle of hand sanitizer with me, and tried not to cough on anyone. People still got sick, so I guess that option is out.

In the midst of all this, I'm trying to cheerfully get my shopping done, work two jobs, keep my house ready for company, try not to go into labor, and get neighbor gifts out. It's been a little crazy. I guess that it's no wonder that I've been sick.

On a happier note, Evan hasn't stumped me with any questions about Santa yet. Yes, I really was worried about this. He asks some of the deepest questions sometimes. I really figured he would think it through too much and not believe. He asks things like: "If magic is just tricks, then how does Santa fly?" and "How does Santa bring toys that I saw in the store if the elves make them?" So, we've come up with some creative answers and so far so good.

Kabe has mastered the art of making my heart melt when I'm trying to scold him. Whenever I'm telling him to stop doing something he looks at me, with this look in the picture, and says, "I love you Mom!"

2 comments:

John said...

Gee, it's hard to see how you could be driven to sickness with all the time for rest, relaxation, and meditation that you get.

I hope you're well. We've just got over the cold finally in our house. I for one don't mind if you're still sick at Christmas. But I do hope for your sake that you're not.

-John

Steph said...

This is Stephanie....I never comment but I wanted to say that I hope that you start feeling better soon!! And also that I can only see the picture of Kabe but boy is it cute...:)