Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving

Now that it's more than a week past Thanksgiving, I thought I would post a couple of pics. Thanksgiving Day started with my first attempt at making cinnamon rolls. The sauce turned out really runny and just ran off of the rolls, so we had rolls with dip. They were still pretty yummy though. I'd like to try again sometime, so if anyone has a fabulous recipe, I'd love to have a copy. We celebrated with Don's family and had a great dinner. I was miserable with a sinus infection, but we managed to have a good day anyway. Thursday night I woke up gasping for breath, and decided something more serious than a sinus infection was underway. So, after Don hit a few Black Friday sales we spent a big part of the day at the InstaCare. We were supposed to head to Idaho to be with my family, but didn't want to go if I was too sick. So, we went to InstaCare and were told that it was still a sinus infection, but for whatever reason it was settling in my chest. Figuring I wasn't contagious since I was on antibiotics, we hit the road.

Friday night in Rupert, we got there just as Santa was riding around the square in his firetruck. Unfortunately, the camera was still packed in the car. The boys loved watching Santa and counting down until Santa turned on all of the lights on the square. Then there were fireworks. I really think small towns sometimes know better than the cities how to throw a party. It was a lot of fun.














Saturday, Don got sick, so neither one of us were feeling very well. Two of my sisters-in-law organized a sugar cookie party making turkeys by tracing the kids' hands. It was such a great idea and everyone had a good time. My family always celebrates Thanksgiving on the Saturday after the real Turkey day. It's great, because then we get to be with both families. So we had another marvelous meal and stuffed ourselves silly.

The boys always love to walk across the street from my parents' house and throw rocks in the Snake River. They haven't quite figured out how to skip a rock, so they just throw them, but apparently that is just as much fun.

Sunday we were still sick, so we sluffed church and just hung out with the family until after lunch, then we headed home. After yet another trip to the doctor, I found out that my first round of antibiotics didn't do anything, so I got on another one and found out that I had bronchitis. Don and I are both slowly getting better. Meanwhile, Evan started complaining of a sore ear this last Friday, and I noticed that he had goopy eyes. So he has an eye/ear infection. I sure hope that Kabe stays well!


1 comment:

Mandy said...

You guys are gross! All full of snot and stuff! We will be in Rupert for Christmas. Hope to see you there!