Sunday, May 2, 2010

House for Sale

The time has arrived. We are putting our house on the market this week. We are really hoping to get out of it what we owe. It will be close. The reason we have waited this long to sell is because we weren't sure where we would be moving to and didn't want to move twice. However, losing the burden of having a mortgage payment now outweighs possibly having to move more than once, so here goes.

Don took a second shot at the GMAT yesterday. It actually went worse than the first time, so graduate school is out. On to the next plan, if only we knew what that was. I won't lie and say that this hasn't been a little faith-shaking. Especially when I pray for Don to do well on the test, and that fails. Or I pray for potential employers to see Don's worth, and then they don't. It's hard! But, what keeps my faith going is that when I pray for the burden to be lifted and to feel peace, that prayer is always answered. Or, when we are in need of something, those prayers are always answered. I know that the Lord is aware of us, even if our trials are not taken away. I just hope that I come out of this stronger. That is my continuous prayer.

4 comments:

Hope said...

I'm so sorry it has come to this. It truly must be heartbreaking! But knowing God's hand is in our lives, I can only assume something soooo much better is just around the corner for you guys! Hang in there--your faith has always been so admirable!

Erin Boyle said...

We are so sad!!!

Mandy said...

I know you probably hate this idea...but you could move in with us! We would love it! And there are actually jobs in Elko. Not anything Don would like to do permanently...but good paying jobs that will get you through. PLEASE COME!!!!!!!!

Erik and Tammy said...

I guess it is time to tell you this is all my fault. Ever since I was called to be your visiting teacher, I mean. All my companions and sisters called to me move away, so I guess it was just a matter of time. Lets see, there was Jeanna Bangater, Nicki Shultz, Hanna Naylor, Teresa Higginson (except she moved back), Holly Larson, then the girl that moved into Holly Larson's house, I can't even remember her name, Katie Edwards, and now Angie Burton and YOU! This is too much. I wish more than anything we were working at the Regional Center together again. I love you Kristi and I know everything will work out for the best!