Saturday, May 3, 2008

Fantastic Friday

What a marvelous Friday! Don and I got to be kids again. It was one of the funnest Fridays that I can remember. Some friends of ours have a cabin in Heber and they invited a bunch of us to come up. It just happened to be Elder Russel M. Nelson's cabin too. It was such a fun place! There were 12 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. It was huge! There was a playhouse that even had beds in it. The kids had a blast.

There was this fun cart that the kids (and Don) rode around in. You can see the cabin behind Don. They call it the Pizza Hut cabin, because the roof looks like a Pizza Hut roof.

There was also a fireman's pole going from floor to floor. It was awesome. I can't believe how many times I had to go down it to get a picture. Our camera has a really annoying delay on it that makes it hard to capture a particular moment.














My favorite experience from this Fantastic Friday though was riding the tandem bike with my friend Laurie. It was awesome! When I tried to pedal, we realized that the chain on the front pedals was missing. So, she had to do all of the pedaling whileI did the steering. We went down the road and neared the stop sign, when I realized that my brake wasn't working. So, I told her she would have to use her brake. To our surprise, neither worked. Since we were coming up on a stop sign going at a pretty good speed, this was bad news. Thank goodness there were no cars coming and, lawbreakers that we are, we ran the stop sign. We kept going for awhile, wondering if we were going to have to crash in order to stop, when to our delight we found a cul-de-sac. We arrived safely back at the cabin with a story to tell. If only all Friday's could be like this!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

That sounds like a lot of fun (minus the missing breaks)! And I'm glad you guys are such vigilant bloggers.