Monday, May 5, 2008

My bald-headed baby

I just finished reading the book, "Because of Winn Dixie", which happens to be a fantastic, quick read. Anyway, the girl in the book, Opal, repeatedly calls these two boys "bald-headed babies". Well, on Saturday, we cut Kabe's hair really short. He has very thick hair and gets super sweaty in the summer. Not that you needed to know that, but it's too late now. Anyway, his hair is so blond that he looks bald. Every time I look at him I think, "Oh, there's my bald-headed baby".

At regional conference yesterday, during the opening prayer, Kabe was quite upset because he thought that it should be his turn to say the prayer. Then during the closing prayer, he had another upset. I really have no idea what set this up. I promise that I wasn't asking him to do anything, especially not something that he didn't know how to do. But he just kept saying, "Mom, I'm just a kid!" He was REALLY loud too!!! I wasn't answering him because, as said, it was during the prayer. Because I wasn't responding, he kept saying it, getting louder each time. He is just a kid, but he's a crazy wonderful one.

No comments: