Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Independence Day

It was so nice to have a long weekend. I hope that my job, like all state jobs, goes to a 4 day work week. That would be awesome!

I started the 4th by running in my first 5K ever in Centerville. It was a lot of fun. I didn't do as well as I wanted, 27:something:something (they should make the clocks bigger), but I had a lot of fun. Kristi and the boys came and supported me and my parents came too. I've been running during lunch with two coworkers for a couple of months. It's been a fun hobby to get into.

Right after the race we went to the Centerville parade where the sun only made an appearance here and there. The boys had a great time waving to people and waving their flags. Kabe even told everyone that passed, "Hi!" I enjoyed stealing the candy the boys scavenged off the pavement.

We spent the rest of the day with family and went that evening to see fireworks at Lagoon. We got there just in time and were enjoying the fireworks in a perfect spot when the sprinklers turned on and sprayed Kristi pretty good. She screamed and rolled over Kabe which made him scream too. We moved just a few feet away where there were plenty of goat-head stickers. We ouched and ooed and awed our way through the short but sweet show.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Good job honey! We're proud of you. It's so hard to run. You rock!