I don't know why, but water seems to make me really sick with this pregnancy. It's awful, because I know that I need it, but it makes me so sick to my stomach. On the rare occasion that I'm not feeling too sick, all it takes is a sip or two to send me to the couch for a couple of hours. I've tried juice, pop, and cool-aid. They're all the same. Liquid is for the birds. The only thing that works are smoothies, like Zuka Juice. I don't know if that really qualifies as liquid or not. I guess I better stock up on smoothie makings. It seems to be better if it's not water from my house. I had some at somebody else's house the other day, and at a restaurant a couple of days ago, and I was okay with a few sips. Even from a water bottle is a little better. So, I guess I have some options. Any tips anyone?
Monday, July 28, 2008
Water is the enemy
I don't know why, but water seems to make me really sick with this pregnancy. It's awful, because I know that I need it, but it makes me so sick to my stomach. On the rare occasion that I'm not feeling too sick, all it takes is a sip or two to send me to the couch for a couple of hours. I've tried juice, pop, and cool-aid. They're all the same. Liquid is for the birds. The only thing that works are smoothies, like Zuka Juice. I don't know if that really qualifies as liquid or not. I guess I better stock up on smoothie makings. It seems to be better if it's not water from my house. I had some at somebody else's house the other day, and at a restaurant a couple of days ago, and I was okay with a few sips. Even from a water bottle is a little better. So, I guess I have some options. Any tips anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I couldn't drink much water the first trimester either!!! Here's what I did and it worked like a charm: Add 1/8 to a 1/4 cup Reed's Extra Ginger Brew to a glass of water. Here's their website: www.reedsgingerbrew.com. They have a page where you can lookup a store near you that sells their stuff. When I felt too sick to eat but knew I needed to I would either take a sip of it straight or add it to the glass of water and then a few minutes later feel up to eating a meal! And it made drinking the glass of water very tolerable, too. =)
Thanks Steph!! I'm totally going to go buy some tonight. I'm glad to hear that you had issues with water too. I've never had that, or heard of that, before. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for the tip!!!
Post a Comment