Friday, February 13, 2009

My poor Evan

Well, Evan doesn't have the stomach flu like I thought. I think this is so weird, but besides the fever and other obvious stomach flu symptoms, tonight his upper lip suddenly started swelling and it just kept getting bigger. It was crazy! We took him in to the KidsCare, and from the time we got there until the time that the doctor came in (about a half an hour) he suddenly developed a rash all over, a cough, and a sore throat. Surprise, surprise! He had strep. Who would have thought? We wouldn't even have taken him in if it weren't for the lip. It was so bad that they had to give him the antibiotic through an injection. He was not very happy about that. They're not sure if the swollen lip is from the strep or not, so we'll just have to hope that it goes away too. Hopefully soon, poor guy!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Did it ever occur to you that Kabe popped Evan a good one. I know brothers love to beat each other!

Tara said...

Poor little guy! I hope he is feeling better soon!