
I have never really had to deal with being super emotional during my pregnancies. I don't get the common mood swings, or get upset really easily. Don even agrees with me on this. It just doesn't effect me too much. That is, until this morning.
Kabe has had a habit the last month or so that kind of drives me crazy. When he wakes up, whether from a nap or first thing in the morning, he is so mad! He just cries until that escalates into a scream, then it goes on for a half an hour, at least. I've tried time outs, making him go back to bed, rewards, taking away privileges, etc. He's just so upset that Daddy isn't home. I'm glad he misses his dad and I know I should think that it's cute, but it's not. I just want him to run to me with a huge smile on his face and give me a big hug and a kiss and say, "Good morning, Mom! I missed you!" I want him to be happy that I'm at home with him. I want him to realize that our finances would be so much better if I went to work, but that I choose to be home and be with him because I want to be. Okay. Maybe I don't expect that much, but at least the hug and smile. This morning I had had enough. I just started sobbing! It's ridiculous, I realize, to be offended by an almost three year old, but I just couldn't stop myself. It drives me nuts when I know I'm being dumb, but I just can't stop. As I was throwing my fit and crying, he just sat there watching me. I kept hoping that maybe he was feeling bad for the way he was acting until he said, "Mom, I'm so hungry! Can you please get me some breakfast?" So much for that. Anyway, hopefully these crazy emotions are out of my system and I'm good to go for another week.
6 comments:
Our Josh does the same thing...except he runs to mommy & won't leave her alone until she picks him up. Ultimate "momma's boy".
But he'll cry for a good hour after he wakes up from a nap. Cranky! (We try not to let him have naps anymore & just deal with him being tired at night).
Emily did the same thing too though. It was like having a fire engine in the house because she'd wail so loud and for so long.
Gotta love the age, eh? Whoever said 3 is "a golden age" should be shot. We find they're worse than 2.
Hang in there Kris! He does love and appreciate you!
Brandon does the same thing. I cry too, but I am not pregnant, I guess that just makes me a whimp.
Like Graydon said, Josh is the same way; at least after a nap. The ONLY cure is for me to take an hour of more out of my day and cuddle him. This usually doesn't happens since the event is during the time I am making and eating dinner. He then gets put in his room or in the garage.
I don't cry when this happens, my temper flares instead, or I just try to ignore it.
Good luck.
Empathy comes later. Like maybe 20 years later. But it does come!
How are you? Do we have a baby yet?
Post a Comment