Sunday, January 4, 2009

The final product

I started crocheting this afghan during General Conference in April. My goal was to finish it by the end of the year. I finally finished it on December 30th. It is huge. I wanted something that we could all sit under on the couch. So, here's the final product. I started with a washcloth, then made a pillow, now an afghan. Next up is a baby sweater and hat. I'm really excited to try making clothes for the first time. I've been surprised by how much I really love to crochet. President Uchtdorf gave a talk during the General Relief Society Meeting this last September that was wonderful. He talked about how one of the ways that we experience a fullness of joy is by creating things and expressing ourselves through those creations. I think that's why I enjoy it so much. There really is a deep satisfaction that comes from making something great from nothing. Maybe that's why I enjoy baking and scrapbooking too.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Looks good! That is huge, you're right. Next step: spinning your own yarn. Now that is creating something from nothing!

Mandy said...

Looks cozy...my birthday is in November so you have 11 months to make another one!

Jenni M. said...

It looks so good Kristi! I'm glad you stuck with it.