Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sledding

Don's brother, John, and his family came to visit from Arizona. We all went sledding and had a great time. The weather was beautiful.
Evan seriously has no fear when it comes to things like this. Who needs a tube or a sled when you have a perfectly good belly?
Kabe, on the other hand, wasn't so sure. He's not asleep in this picture, just closing his eyes until it's all over.
I even took a turn going down the hill. I never thought I would do this at seven months pregnant, but it was a really little hill.
Grandpa Shirts took a break from the sledding to build the tallest snowman ever. I caught him throwing the last ball onto the top. It sent snow falling straight into his face. What a trooper!
I think the kids were a little tired from sledding. Here is Kabe and his cousin Rushton.
This is the other half of the backseat, Rushton and Evan. As Evan would say, they were "pooped!"


3 comments:

John said...

That was so much fun!

Thanks for the pictures and the memories!

-John

Chris said...

Wow, that's a huge afghan!
What amazes me most about your snowman is that the the lawn isn't bare & the grass isn't stuck all over the snowman. (That's what happens when we build a snowman in Georgia--when we get a little snowfall every 5 years or so.) ha

Anonymous said...

We went sledding last week to and it was so fun! I think we'll go again soon.