Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My baby that's not a baby anymore

All of a sudden Kabe is very big. On Monday he took his binkies and threw them in the outside garbage can. He helped his daddy take the garbage to the street so that the garbage truck could take them away. We had a few tears, but nothing major. I'm so proud of him! On the same day, he decided to start using the potty. He's used it a few times here and there, but now he goes more often. I'm not sad about this. I wasn't planning to potty train him for awhile, but if he's ready I'm not going to complain. It's just that I want to keep him little. Anyone who hasn't heard the song, "Let Them Be Little", go scroll on the playlist and listen. It'll be worth it, and might even bring a tear to your eye if you've experienced this suddenly-not-a-baby-anymore phenomenon.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Wow! Way to go Kabey. Kris, you're welcome to come hold our little guy while you're waiting for another tiny person to arrive. I know it's not the same as your own little Kabe, but hey.

Natalie said...

Good thing you have another little one coming :) Hopefully Kabe doesn't regress back (especially on the potty thing) when the new baby comes along.