I started really cramping and having a lot of back pain (not muscle pain, but something inside) a few days ago. Each day it seemed to get worse. By Sunday night it woke me up in the middle of the night. It was bring-tears-to-my-eyes and curl-up-in-a-fetal-position kind of pain. We really thought about going to the E.R., but I took some Tylenol and decided to tough it out until morning. When I called my doctor to set up an appointment, they transferred me to the Medical Assistant, who told me that my pain was completely normal and that I shouldn't worry about it. I told her that this was my third pregnancy, and I've never felt this before. Her response was, "I'm sorry about that." I got off of the phone and just cried, because I didn't know what to do, and I knew I couldn't handle pain like this much longer. I finally called back and said that even though the M.A. wasn't worried, I wanted to hear that from the doctor. I finally had an appointment set up. Yay!

The doctor did an ultrasound and I saw the heartbeat and even saw the baby moving around. Everything looked great! He looked for any other possible problems, but couldn't find any. He was pretty baffled by my pain. He gave me Lortab and said to give it a few days and see what happens. I have to go back in two weeks. I came home and took the Lortab. An hour later, it hadn't even touched the pain, so we were again talking about going to the E.R. Don's brother, Jed, came over and helped Don give me a blessing. Within an hour I was feeling a lot better. By this morning, I was pain-free!
No comments:
Post a Comment