I told Don that I didn't want him to buy me anything for my birthday, since money is so tight. Apparently that got his creative juices flowing. He went to DI and bought a pair of shorts, which his mom helped him sew his own design onto. I guess I should start this story by telling you that Don snores anytime he rolls onto his back. I am a very light sleeper, so this drives me nuts! Anyway, his design included a pocket in the back of the shorts for a small ball. He puts the ball in the pocket and wears them each night. Every time he rolls onto his back, the ball makes it quite uncomfortable, so that he rolls a different way. It works like a charm. So, in a way, his gift to me is a good night's sleep every night. What a marvelous birthday gift!!!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
My husband, the Genius
I told Don that I didn't want him to buy me anything for my birthday, since money is so tight. Apparently that got his creative juices flowing. He went to DI and bought a pair of shorts, which his mom helped him sew his own design onto. I guess I should start this story by telling you that Don snores anytime he rolls onto his back. I am a very light sleeper, so this drives me nuts! Anyway, his design included a pocket in the back of the shorts for a small ball. He puts the ball in the pocket and wears them each night. Every time he rolls onto his back, the ball makes it quite uncomfortable, so that he rolls a different way. It works like a charm. So, in a way, his gift to me is a good night's sleep every night. What a marvelous birthday gift!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Brilliant! If only Jack snored, we could do that too!
Natalie referred me to your blog for your ingenious idea. Lucky for me, her Dad snores when he rolls on his back too. ;) I wonder if he will find this solution nearly as delightful? ha You are quite considerate & resourceful Don!
Post a Comment