I was scheduled to be induced on Thursday morning, but I was really, really hoping to go into labor on my own. So, when my water broke on Wednesday night at 11:00, I was really excited. Even though we'd only been asleep for an hour, we were on our way! So, we went to the hospital and got all checked in and I was having some horrible contractions. So, we got the epidural as soon as we could (it was not fast enough!). By about 2:00 I had the epidural and thought maybe I would be able to get some sleep before our little girl made her arrival. It wasn't meant to happen that way though, because her heart rate started to dip with each contraction. They gave me some oxygen and we waited it out. It was really scary, thinking about all that could go wrong. I just wanted my little girl here safe. The doctor came in about 4:45 in the morning and said that I was ready to go. He stepped out for a few minutes, but told the nurse that I could start to push. I did, and that's when her heart rate plummeted. It went from 140 to 68. Suddenly, things were pretty scary for a few minutes. The nurse called the doctor back and called for help from the nursery just in case. Then Dr. Ward (great doctor, by the way) told us not to panic, but we needed three great pushes to get her here quick. So, I had all the motivation that I needed and three pushes later, she was here. She cried right away, which I am very grateful for. I was just so glad she was here safe. She was born at 5:09, so only 6 hours from start to finish! Pretty short, I think.

Addie is so sweet. I've already had a great time dressing her up. I can hardly believe that we have a girl. She is a very calm and easygoing baby. Not much upsets her, unless she is undressed or hungry. The boys have had a pretty rough adjustment. They've been really whiny and super needy. But they love their little sister and I think they will be fine in a couple of weeks.
We got kind of caught up on our sleep while we were in the hospital, then we came home. Kabe was up sick and ornery the first night home, while Addison slept all night, just waking up a few times to eat. She went right back to sleep when she was done. I was very impressed. Then last night, Kabe slept better, but Addie decided that she was starving and ate pretty much from 10:30-2:30 straight. I guess it's because she's so big. I dunno. But we're hoping this doesn't become the regular pattern.
Also, Addie didn't pass her first two hearing tests at the hospital. They say this is somewhat normal, due to gunk in her ears, so we'll see. We have to take her back to the hospital in a couple of weeks to be retested. At that point if she still doesn't pass they will have to do some additional testing to see what's going on. So, I guess that we'll keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. Her testing will be done on Friday the 13th. Yikes!








8 comments:
Kristi, she's beautiful! She looks just like her mama...especially that 3rd picture down in your post. Her eyes are just like yours. Lucky girl!
Oh! I'm so excited for you guys! She is absolutely precious. I can't wait to meet her!
What a cutie! I'm not talking about you, Don.
Congratulations!
She looks good, pink, & healthy! Just like they should! Enjoy the new addition!
I am so happy for you guys. She is just perfect, congrats.
Kris, Congratulations! She is so pretty and you can already see the family resemblance. So fun.
Congrats, Don and Kris! What a cute family you guys have! I'm glad that you get to add a little more pink into the mix now. :) She is such a little doll! It just makes me want to snuggle a newborn again! o-oh! :) Well, have fun & good luck with everything!
Wow that is fast. Zekaia was only7 hours but I was induced. I went on my own with Bhavik and was in haveing contraction for about 12 hours before he was born but I wasn't in any pain until about 1 hour before I delivered. Did even need the epidural. She is so cute!
Post a Comment