It seems to me that everybody else's whites are whiter than mine. This is not just a 'the grass is greener' thing. This is a real problem. I figure it's one of two things. Either everyone else buys new clothes more often than I do (this is a real possibility), or I'm being kept away from the big secret of how to keep whites white. I want in on the secret! I use Clorox Ultimate Care Bleach with every load of whites, along with regular laundry soap. Can anyone fill me in?
6 comments:
LOL, I can't help you with the white's problem. I just use normal laundry soap in everything but I love the comic. I've totally done that before and everything came out pink. We still have the pink sheets. oops ;) Goodluck with your whites!
Do you soak them? You can soak them before washing for a few hours. Vinegar in the rinse and baking soda in the wash may help as well. ...but I've noticed that these tips just work from the beginning, not to rescue grayed whites. Good luck!
I like OxiClean with my detergent and I use the Gain with Baking Soda. I only use bleach (with no OxiClean added, as I don't think you're supposed to use them together) when there is a very bad stain the OxiClean won't get out.
Good luck! My whites are pretty white, but I have noticed SOME people do have even whiter...maybe I need in on a secret, too!
I don't know if you have tried this before but there is this product called blueing (sp) it think, it is in the detergent aisle you just add a little bit in with your bleach and the blue helps to brighten your whites.
Kristi, cute baby girl. Love the name. Glad all is well. hopefully we'll see you sometime. I love your blog it's so fun to read.
I have embraced the dingy white look. It makes me feel better about myself!
Post a Comment